A friend told me for a good laugh to check out Plenty of Fish. It is a free introduction/dating site. I put in an age range and zip code for search purposes and voila!There may be plenty of fish, but they're not the sort of much appeal to the average fisherman.
It is incredible!
1. You have the land whales showing way too much flesh and often hideous tattoos. Why it is land whale wear big rimmed glasses.
2. The females who have to make a "funny" face on the picture. A favorite seems to be a squeezing of the lips from both sides (pursing) to create a jutting, more vertical mouth. That one I don't get.
3. The psychopaths with the disturbing gaze into the camera. Their eyes are saying "Helter Skelter!"
4. I am convinced a few are actually men claiming to be women.
5. In general bad pictures. If I were on a dating site, I would be in my most appealing clothes, have a new haircut, some make up on. If I were overweight, I would probably try and work out for a month or two to tone up.
6. "I am a single mother with five children." As if that is a lure?
7. The profile titles as "I am tired of games," "No games, no drama," "This site sucks" etc. The anger is right out there for all to see.
8. Here and there, you do see a female who appears normal. They are outliers due to their scarcity. If the profiles are truthful, they are generally nurses or some sort of management. The scarcity of normalcy makes them stick out.
It is not a surprise that most take no pride in their appearance and make no effort to make a good impression. The nature of our slovenly society. I am of the view if someone does not take pride in their appearance, they don't take pride in anything else in their life either.
I did a search on age 36-52 out of morbid curiosity. I am 52, will be 53 in October. I was shocked at how aged from in their mid and late 40s looked. Probably a combination of cigarettes and too much sun exposure. Ridden hard and out wet.
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Alpha Mail: the end of online dating
A fifty-something gentleman gives Plenty of Fish a try.