- The gift is either in the form of an object that the GP alone is able to use correctly, or it is an innate ability.
- There will be a build-up in the power of The Gift in which the GP masters it.
- Eventually The Gift will become so powerful to make future storytelling nonsensical, so plot devices will need to be introduced in order to temporarily remove its power or make its power inaccessible. Sometimes the author will simply pretend it doesn’t exist for a while.
- The GP will agonize over his possession and use of The Gift, but display it immediately whenever his authority or specialness is challenged, particularly by an Alpha male. He is observably more comfortable using it as a status symbol than he is for any socially useful purpose.
- Once the full power of The Gift is revealed, the GP is then portrayed as being magnanimous in not using it at will.
- The full effect of The Gift will often be nonsensical, even comical, if viewed from the outside, but be portrayed as deadly serious in the story.
Thursday, January 21, 2016
The Gamma Protagonist, Part II
The Gift is what makes the Gamma Protagonist special, and the GP will almost always have one special gift which eventually allows him to be the most powerful person in the room, perhaps any room.