Is the puppeteer's hand so far up your ass that you can't pause to discern the difference between expression to discover and promote the truth and expression to curry favor with certain purse-mouthed audiences? Are you only familiar with the latter because that is what motivates you? Get out of my sight, you prickly little lifeless urchin.Anyhow, because I am always happy to take on all comers in the interest of heterotopic discourse, I'm quite content to give Matt the opportunity to take me on concerning one of his apparent areas of disagreement with me. Looking at his voluminous comments on the most recent post, it appears the debate could concern any of the following:
- Precisely how far is my hand up various commenters' asses?
- Has my egomania driven other writers and dissenters away?
- Is my egomania cartoonish?
- Is Matt genuinely "Diogenes with a lamp, searching for good opposition"?
- Does Matt truly care not a whit for the esteem of combox warriors and self-regarding bloggers?
- Was Athor, in the very moment he wrote his comment, encouraging a "sensitivity-driven" discourse?
- Does Athor not understand that, in the very moment he wrote his comment, you were encouraging a "sensitivity-driven" discourse?
- Is any man who uses what "anyone else" thinks as an argument a man not engaged in the argument but rather its superficial side effects?
- Is this forum stale?
- Would no man of merit mention a group to which he belongs?
- Did I create an entire lexicon for purpose of dismissing dissent?
- Do people of no humility and utterly convinced of their automatic rectitude regard dissent as dangerous to their pristine (and preposterous) image?
- Would dissenters regularly comment here if I did not shut them down?
- If you aren't producing intelligent backlash does that prove you aren't producing an argument of any substance?
I invite Matt to select one of these important topics that he has so thoughtfully brought to our attention so that we can then engage in the very heterotopic discourse that he denies exists here concerning the matter. I'd also be interested in seeing what sort of dissent he believes should have been expected from the recent posts here.
Who among the readers, one wonders, did he expect to defend the literary merits of EL James's bestselling masterpieces of Mommy Porn? Who here is a prospective champion of female cognitive integrity or wishes to argue for the illegitimacy of the female perspective? Is there no one to assert that sexism is NOT a literary necessity in the historical and fantasy genres?